WELCOME TO CINDY & JULIA'S BLOG!

Thanks for checking out our personal blog. Here, we write about what we're cooking, crafting, and otherwise doing with our lives. We hope you like it. If you're interested in learning more about our business, Crafty Broads, please visit www.craftybroads.com.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Well, this weekend has been a busy one, and this is going to be a short post. Julia's opening a show and also subbing in for another show, so she'll have done eight shows over the last three days. I've been working hard on content and graphics for our Crafty Broads website. Tonight I'm meeting with some wonderful friends whose wedding I'll be stage managing next month! Despite all these goings-on, we had Friday night off together and we'll get to have a late dinner tonight too. And I managed to make a really tasty dinner last night:

Pork Tenderloin with Fig & Balsamic Reduction Sauce
Thought I'd share some of the ideas I'm tossing around over here.
(Note that none of this is live on the site yet, but hopefully will be up later this week.)

A few options for the home page:
This is the one I'm leaning towards.
I also like this one, but I think it may be too much color. If I go with this, it would only be on the home screen. Then I would use something more like the one above for all the pages within the website.
This one is a little cleaner without the background color in the buttons, but I think it may be too much white space.

I'd love to have your feedback in the comments!

3 comments:

The Smarty Planner said...

I lOVE the aesthetic. And I especially love the cleanness of the white icons. But maybe it might be more interesting if the icons had a white background but were still filled in with the nice brown/blue combo? So the "i" is blue, or the spool of thread is brown and blue, but the back is still white so it stands out. :)
Great job, Crafty Broads!

Marty J. Christopher said...

i actually like the 2nd best. i don't think it's too much color. can i ask where you're finding your designer? i'm in need of one.

Cindy said...

Thanks for the input, guys! I decided to go with the first one for the home page (but the buttons are brown with blue text when your mouse rolls over them).
Marty - I am my designer. Crafty, no? =)