WELCOME TO CINDY & JULIA'S BLOG!

Thanks for checking out our personal blog. Here, we write about what we're cooking, crafting, and otherwise doing with our lives. We hope you like it. If you're interested in learning more about our business, Crafty Broads, please visit www.craftybroads.com.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Working for the Weekend... Again

Well, once again, it's been a busy week and weekend (so far) over here. Right this second, I am waiting for a few files to upload and then... the Crafty Broads website will be live and ready for action! I would LOVE your feedback - please email me or comment here if you have a chance to check it out.

I am SO. EXCITED. to be done making the website. Although it didn't take me long in total number of hours, it has really eaten up the last couple of weeks, and I have other projects I want to work on.

Here's the rundown of things that are in the works:
  • Next week, we're meeting with a potential client who is looking for a custom wedding dress (very exciting, especially since she wants something 30s and bias-cut, which we adore)
  • Also next week or the week after, I'll be doing a guest post on another blog (I'll link when it's up)
  • I've got two big events to stage manage in August - a friend's wedding and a handful of small parties being held around the country which will kick off a major event celebrating the legalization of same-sex marriage in New York. (You can read about it here and here.) Also? Same-sex couples are getting married there RIGHT THIS MINUTE, thanks to some nice judges and government officials who kept buildings open late and came in on their days off to dispense forms and officiate nuptials. Hooray for that! (Still waiting on you, Illinois. Ahem, downstate...get with the program.)
  • I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll get time to work on the pattern for a custom three-piece suit we're making, which I've been wanting to work on for way too long now.
  • If I ever finish all these other obligations, I have a ton of sewing projects for myself to get started (or finished, as the case may be) on too!
In food news, tonight I made a horribly unhealthy, carb-filled meal of latkes and butternut squash mac & cheese. Both were delicious. I am in carb heaven. I promise to eat veggies tomorrow.*

And with that, I am calling it a day.

*Julia disagrees, but squash is totally a vegetable.

No comments: